Chelsea vs Manchester United
England – FA Cup
Date: Monday, 18th February 2019
Kick-off at 19.30 UK/ 20.30 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge (London).
In the League Cup Final, they are pitted against Manchester City and let’s skip what happened the last time they took on Pep Guardiola’s men. “Cough, 6-0 cough!!!!”.
Coming to the Red Devils, they really can’t get a break, can they? It seemed like the appointment of Ole Gunnar Solskjær was the masterstroke the fans were waiting for, ever since Sir Alex left Old Trafford.
After eleven unbeaten games on the trot, ten of them wins, they hosted Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League and had the bookies rallying behind them. But Kylian Mbappe (that damn kid) played spoilsport.
The visitors won the first leg of the Round of 16 tie with a 2-0 scoreline, and importantly have two away goals in their kitty. It’s most probably, bye bye birdie for the Devils from Europe.
The Stamford Bridge Blues, meanwhile, after their envious unbeaten run at the start of the season, under Maurizio Sarri, has regressed back to old ways. The team is approaching a period of uncertainty with news of the manager losing the dressing room and talisman Eden Hazard wanting to leave the team, making rounds.
- 11 of the last 15 games had under 2.5 goals.
- 10 of the last 15 matches failed to have both teams on the scorecard.
- Five of the last seven ties at the Stamford Bridge had fewer than three goals.
- Four of the last five fixtures at this venue had just one team finding the back of the net.
- Three of the last four meetings at this stadium had just a single goal each.
Source : leaguelane.com