Tottenham vs Arsenal
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 2nd March 2019
Kick-off at 12.30 UK/ 13.30 CET
Venue: Wembley Stadium (London).
The title seems out of grasp for them for one more year, and at any cost, they need to qualify for the Champions League. But for the first time in some years, all the traditional top-six are in the hunt for the four spots to Europe’s premier competition, and with ten rounds remaining, it’s no time to act complacent.
Unai Emery’s Arsenal will look to continue with their fabulous goal-scoring run. Just the last match-day, the team recorded a mammoth 5-1 win over Bournemouth, and just in touch with their team-game philosophy, all five were recorded by different goal-scorers. Even the under-fire Mesut Ozil managed to put one away.
- Seven of the last eleven games had goals by both teams.
- The last league encounter had six goals in total.
- Three of the last five fixtures at this venue had goals at either end of the pitch.
- 14 of the last 19 meetings at Spurs’ home had three or more goals.
- 22 of the last 24 games at Spurs’ home saw them getting on the scoresheet.
An all-important tie for both these great sides. A win for Tottenham will allow them to reign freely at the third spot in league standings, at least for the next few weeks. Whereas for the Gunners, this game is a virtual final after they cut down the 10-point gap with Spurs to just four. One more win and they would be a hair’s breadth away from surpassing them.