Real Madrid vs Barcelona
Spain – La Liga
Date: Saturday, 2nd March 2019
Kick-off at 19.45 UK/ 20.45 CET
Venue: Estadio Santiago Bernabéu (Madrid).
Well, Madrid really did throw everything they had in the arsenal at their rivals the last day, but the ball just refused to go in. The team dominated all through the game but had to helplessly watch as Barca’s three of only four shots going into the goal.
It cannot be all disappointment for the Los Blancos though. They might have found a replacement for their indomitable talisman Cristiano Ronaldo (very big shoes to fill in) in Vinicius Jr. The young guy entertained and caused havoc in the opposition half. Even veteran Pique found it hard to keep up with the Brazilian.
Anyway, at the end of the day, Blaugrana was more clinical in front of the goal, and off-form Luis Suarez returned to the limelight to haunt his favorite prey. The Uruguayan recorded a brace in the just-concluded Copa del Rey Semi-Final second leg and was unlucky to miss out on a hattrick. Raphael Varane was quick to slot an own goal into the nets before the striker was able to poke his toes.
Now, we turn our eyes to the second Clasico in three days.
- The last three wins and three of the last five belong to Barca.
- Blaugrana recorded an astonishing five wins in their last six visits to this venue.
- The guests scored three or more goals in five of their last six attempts, and in six of the last eight.
- Barcelona, for the first time ever, has matched h2h wins against Madrid. Right now it’s 95 apiece.
- The reverse fixture for this league game ended in a 5-1 loss for the Whites.
Source : leaguelane.com